Core has been involved in disputes and differences relating to planning and the environment.
Issues to do with the development and use of land, with a number of potential stakeholders, are particularly suited to mediation. Key parties can benefit from a frank exchange of views, without loss of control or dignity, and with a continual focus on moving forward to identify what the real issues and concerns are and what is actually contentious. The parties can then seek to narrow differences, reassess their positions and look at a range of options.
Core prepared the Guide to the Use of Planning issued by the Government. Click here to read the Guide.
Our clients include developers, local authorities and community trusts.
Issues which can be covered include:
• the planning design and application stages
• local and strategic development plans
• development management
• facilitating the conclusion of Section 75 agreements and good neighbour agreements
• refusal of planning permission and prior to appeal
• reducing objections and narrowing issues prior to an inquiry
• post application appeals
• environmental impact assessments
• renewable energy