John really enjoyed his time with you on 22 February. We hope it was useful!
28 March 2017: Upcoming event on Brexit. The event is free, but registration is required through Eventbrite.
Core’s Flagship Mediation, Negotiation and Conflict Management Skills Course is open for registration. There are one or two places remaining on the Spring School (27-29 March) and Early Bird rates available for the Residential Summer School (3-6 September). If interested, you can find more details here.
Please contact our Business and Mediation Manager, Miriam Haboubi, by email or at 0131 524 8188 for any information about, or assistance with, mediation.
Click here to read Core’s March newsletter – if you would like to receive future editions, please enter your name and email at the bottom of this page to subscribe
Further Useful Resources
- Respectful Dialogue – John’s TEDx talk
- The Mediator’s Log: Read the story of a mediation from the mediator’s perspective, following a day in the life of a mediator from beginning to end.
- Reading List: Core’s extended list of recommended books
- Collaborative Scotland – this website, set up by John and Core for the independence referendum, is full of useful resources about dialogue and constructive conversations. We recommend it!
- John Sturrock’s Blog has some regular insights into the field of mediation and conflict management, including. We recommend A "Chance" Mediation Meeting, A Mediator’s Pitch, Game Theory and Mediation: Adding Real Value?, Mediation Services Matter in Scotland, Reflecting on Two Long Mediation Days…., Mediation Reports and Reviews in Scotland… There’s more to do!, Nipping Construction (and other) Disputes in the Bud, In Mediation, Timing is Everything – Put the Money Last?, The Client as Decision Maker, Mediating for the Long Game, Mediation Games, Key Learning Points from Recent Mediations, and Dealing with Apparent Intransigence to start.
- Alternative routes to effective solutions, Article in the Scotsman
- Making the Best of Mediation: What marks out lawyers who do really well for clients in mediation? and Challenging Assumptions – articles in the Journal of the Law Society of Scotland
- John Sturrock’s chapter on leadership in mediation from David Richbell’s latest book, How to Master Commercial Mediation
- Policy Piece: Making Better Use of Mediation to Resolve Disputes and Manage Difficult Issues, published in Justice Matters: Essays on Improving Scotland’s Justice System
- Black and white…or shades of grey? John Sturrock’s article in Perspectives magazine about the framing of the referendum question
- Towards a Better Environment for Policy-Making: John’s submission to the Scottish Parliament Commission on Parliamentary Reform has recently been published by think tank Reform Scotland.
- Our Resources page, which features videos, publications and other material you might find useful