John really enjoyed his time with you on 24 May. We hope it was useful!
Here is a link to the most relevant of John’s slides. Please note that these are for private use only and not for further circulation.
In case this might be of interest, Core’s 2018 Residential Summer School: Using Mediation Skills as a Leader will take place from 2-5 September and is open for registration.You can download our brochure here.
Please contact our Business and Mediation Manager, Miriam Kennedy, by email or at 0131 524 8188 for any information about, or assistance with, any of our services.
Further Useful Resources
- Respectful Dialogue – John’s TEDx talk
- The Mediator’s Log: Read the story of a mediation from the mediator’s perspective, following a day in the life of a mediator from beginning to end.
- Reading List: Core’s extended list of recommended books
- Collaborative Scotland – This is an initiative, founded by John before the 2014 independence referendum, to bring respectful dialogue to Scottish politics and public affairs. The website is full of useful resources about dialogue and constructive conversations. We recommend it!
- John Sturrock’s Blog has some regular insights into the field of mediation and conflict management. We recommend Mediator Fairness?, Nelson Mandela, Master of Mediation, Mediation: a Cricketing Metaphor, Mediating Minimally and On the Road to Solutions that Work for All to start.
- Scotland ready to reprise role in thawing Cold War, Article in The Times
- Bolt and Brexit teach us that the world is an imperfect place, Article in The Times
- Are you your own worst enemy? Think about it, Article in The Scotsman
- Don’t let self-doubt hold you back, Article in The Scotsman
- An Opportunity for Early and Constructive Resolution – John recently provided oral evidence to a Scottish Parliament Justice Committee Round-Table Session on “Alternative Dispute Resolution”. The purpose of the round-table was to explore issues around the availability of “ADR” in Scotland and any barriers to its use. This blog builds on aspects of our discussion paper for the Committee.
- Our Resources page, which features videos, publications and other material you might find useful
- Core’s Newsletter – if you would like to receive future editions, you can subscribe at the bottom of this page