John really enjoyed his time with you on 21 and 23 August. We hope it was useful!
The slides from the workshop can be viewed here. We would be grateful if you would please note these are for your own private use and not for further circulation.
We have a great event coming up in late September featuring a hero in our field, Ken Cloke: more details here.
Core’s 2018 Spring School: Using Mediation Skills as a Professional is open for registration. You can read more details here.
Please contact our Business and Mediation Manager, Miriam Kennedy, by email or at 0131 524 8188 for any information about, or assistance with, mediation.
Click here to read Core’s Summer Newsletter – if you would like to receive future editions, please enter your name and email at the bottom of this page to subscribe
Further Useful Resources
- Respectful Dialogue – John’s TEDx talk
- The Mediator’s Log: Read the story of a mediation from the mediator’s perspective, following a day in the life of a mediator from beginning to end.
- Reading List: Core’s extended list of recommended books
- Collaborative Scotland – this website, set up by John and Core for the independence referendum, is full of useful resources about dialogue and constructive conversations. We recommend it!
- John Sturrock’s Blog has some regular insights into the field of mediation and conflict management. We recommend Meet in the middle to settle differences, Knowing our neighbours – a Mediator’s reflection, Taking a hard line can only lead to harder battles, Mediation and Innovation, Did they teach you this in law school?, A "Chance" Mediation Meeting, A Mediator’s Pitch, Game Theory and Mediation: Adding Real Value?, Mediation Services Matter in Scotland, Reflecting on Two Long Mediation Days…., Mediation Reports and Reviews in Scotland… There’s more to do!, Nipping Construction (and other) Disputes in the Bud to start.
- Alternative routes to effective solutions, Article in the Scotsman
- Making the Best of Mediation: What marks out lawyers who do really well for clients in mediation? and Challenging Assumptions – articles in the Journal of the Law Society of Scotland
- John Sturrock’s chapter on leadership in mediation from David Richbell’s latest book, How to Master Commercial Mediation
- Policy Piece: Making Better Use of Mediation to Resolve Disputes and Manage Difficult Issues, published in Justice Matters: Essays on Improving Scotland’s Justice System
- Black and white…or shades of grey? John Sturrock’s article in Perspectives magazine about the framing of the referendum question
- Towards a Better Environment for Policy-Making: John’s submission to the Scottish Parliament Commission on Parliamentary Reform has recently been published by think tank Reform Scotland.
- Our Resources page, which features videos, publications and other material you might find useful