Thank you for inviting John Sturrock to join you on 27 April. He very much enjoyed his time with you.
The slides from the workshop are here. We shall be grateful if you would treat these as provided for your private use.
John mentioned some reading. Here is a handy list:
• Getting to Yes, Roger Fisher and William Ury
• Getting to Yes with Yourself, William Ury
• The Art of Thinking Clearly, Rolf Dobelli
• Thinking, Fast and Slow, Daniel Kahneman
• Mandela’s Way: Lessons on Life, Robert Stengel
• The Dance of Opposites, Kenneth Cloke
John mentioned that we are updating our suite of mediation documents; these can be read here. We’d welcome any comments.
• John’s Blog has some regular insights into the field of mediation and conflict management, including Building Blocks for Achieving the Best Result in Mediation.
• The Mediator’s Log: Read the story of a mediation day from the mediator’s perspective, gaining a view of the process from beginning to end.
• John’s recent policy piece on Making Better Use of Mediation to Resolve Disputes in Scotland. (The original was published in Justice Matters: Essays on Improving Scotland’s Justice System)
• John’s Tedx talk on Respectful Dialogue given in light of the Scottish Referendum.
If you have any questions at all about using mediation, please contact our Manager of Mediation Services, Miriam Haboubi.
We would also value a few minutes of your time to complete the feedback form below. This will help us as we plan future workshops.