John really enjoyed his time with you on 30 October. We hope it was useful!
Here is a link to the most useful of John’s slides.
In case this might be of interest, Core’s 2018 Spring School: Using Mediation Skills as a Professional is open for registration.You can download our brochure here.
William Ury will be speaking in Edinburgh on 14 May next year. Let Miriam know if that event would be of interest.
Please contact our Business and Mediation Manager, Miriam Kennedy, by email or at 0131 524 8188 for any information about, or assistance with, any of our services.
Further Useful Resources
- Respectful Dialogue – John’s TEDx talk
- The Mediator’s Log: Read the story of a mediation from the mediator’s perspective, following a day in the life of a mediator from beginning to end.
- Reading List: Core’s extended list of recommended books
- Collaborative Scotland – this website, set up by John and Core for the independence referendum and recently rejuvenated, is full of useful resources about dialogue and constructive conversations. We recommend it!
- John Sturrock’s Blog has some regular insights into the field of mediation and conflict management. We recommend Better Conversations and Respectful Dialogue, Knowing our neighbours – a Mediator’s reflection, Taking a hard line can only lead to harder battles, Mediation and Innovation, Did they teach you this in law school?, A "Chance" Mediation Meeting, A Mediator’s Pitch and Game Theory and Mediation: Adding Real Value? to start.
- Meet in the middle to settle differences, Article in The Scotsman
- Bolt and Brexit teach us that the world is an imperfect place, Article in The Times
- Taking Risks? Taking Responsibility…, Article in Issue 5 of the UK Mediation Journal
- Taking a hard line can only lead to harder battles, Article in The Times
- Towards a Better Environment for Policy-Making: John’s submission to the Scottish Parliament Commission on Parliamentary Reform has recently been published by think tank Reform Scotland.
- Our Resources page, which features videos, publications and other material you might find useful
- Core’s Newsletter – if you would like to receive future editions, please enter your name and email at the bottom of this page to subscribe.